The 2010 Komen Columbus Race for the Cure was attended by nearly 50,000 people in 2010. This is a time-lapse of the start of the event. (©James D. DeCamp | 614-367-6366 | JamesDeCamp.com)
You continue to amaze us, Central Ohio. Thanks to your incredible support, 50,000 people participated in the 19th Annual Komen Columbus Race for the Cure on May 14 and raised more than $2.7 million that will support breast cancer education, screening and treatment services in Central and Southeastern Ohio. Whether you ran, walked, slept in or volunteered, YOU made an impact in the fight against breast cancer.
All Race donations will be accepted until May 31. Please use our 2011 Pledge Form and mail all donations to:
929 Eastwind Drive
Westerville, OH 43081
The 20th Annual Race for the Cure will be held on Saturday, May 19, 2012.
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Since its inception in 1983, the Komen Race for the Cure® series has grown from one local Race with 800 participants to a global series of more than 120 Races with more than 1 million people expected to participate in 2009.
The Komen Race for the Cure® is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer. It has proved to be an enormously effective way to reach many women and men with the message that breast cancer is not necessarily fatal if mammography and breast self-exam become routine. As well as being a road race for runners, the Komen Race for the Cure® is an emotionally charged event that attracts many first timers and recreational runners. It is is an opportunity for thousands of women, men and their families, running or walking, to spread the breast cancer message within their communities.
Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at the Komen Columbus Race for the Cure® remain here in our 30-county service area to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or underinsured women. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.