Motion Design: Demetra Englezou
Sound Design: Mario Christophorou
Logo Ident: Anthimos Xenos
Τhe 3rd International Motion Festival 2015, which is organised by the Arts Department of the European University Cyprus is the first of its kind both in Cyprus, the broader Mediterranean and Middle East region, is taking place between 26 – 29 March 2015. It aims to bring together film-makers, video artists, computer animators, graphic designers and their audience and to familiarise the public with what has traditionally remained as the “invisible art”: motion graphics.
The IMF, now going through its 3rd edition, has been established as the platform for showcasing innovative motion design films, spanning from motion graphics, to 2D and 3D animation, video art, and shorts, in the wider Mediterranean region.
Each year the festival aims to present innovative and groundbreaking approaches in the field of motion art and video, experimental techniques and creative takes on matters of society, culture, relationships, politics and the economy, science, imagination and art
IMF 2015 Competition Festival
This year 246 films were selected from 48 countries to be showcased during the festival in eight categories; 34 films are short listed for one of the eight IMF 2015 Awards (for students and for professionals).
•Go with the Flow, (Motion Graphics, Music Videos, Commercials, Opening Titles, 3D Mapping, virtual museums and archives, Computer Generated Imagery, Broadcast Design)
•Animatropics & Animesh, (2D & 3D Animation, manual or computer aided, ranging from hand drawn, sand and glass animation, digital, retro, etc)
•Short & Sweet, (New and awarded short films, ranging from drama, comedy, social commentary and experimental film
•The Single Channel Show (Video Art presented with single channel works. Experiments pushing the limits of the moving image)
The IMF 2015 speakers are:
1. Graham Elliott & Roswitha Rodrigues, School of the Visual Arts, New York City
2. Lillit Hayrapetyan, Art Director, Psyop, Los Angeles, USA,
3. Héctor Ayuso, founder of OFFF.ws , Spain,
4. Emy Tzavra-Bulloch, Director & Scriptwriter, Greece
5. Tyler Galloway & Marty Maxwell, Associate Professors University of Kansas and University of Arkansas in the department of Visual Communication
6. Martin Ferdkin, Motion Graphic Designer, Argentina
7. Theodoros Tziatzios of Real Creations, Greece.
8. Christina Georgiou, Lecturer & Member of the European Film Academy, Cyprus
9. Aristarchos Papadaniel, Motion Designer, Greece.
10. Andriana Barandri, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
11. Renos Demetriou, Cyprus Creative Club
1. Graham Elliott & Roswitha Rodrigues, Creative REvolution: RECharge: REThink: REInvent.
2. Lillit Hayrapetyan, The Art of Pitching: Pitch-Perfect Presentations That Get You the Job
3. Tasos Anastasiades & Nearchos Constantinou, 3D figures