"Researching & Communicating Nutrition in the 21st Century"
P.K. Newby, Scientist; Educator; Author; Food Expert; Cook; pknewby.com; Instructor, Program in Sustainability and Environmental Management, Harvard Extension School.
The Harvard Research Symposium on the Nexus of Food, Agriculture, Environment, Health, and Society (Food+ Symposium) was held on February 27, 2015 and featured twenty-two Harvard faculty members from eight schools and a dozen departments giving seven minute "speed presentations" on their current Food+ research.
The goal of the Food+ Research Symposium was to provide attendees with a sense of the excitement and breadth of the Food+ research underway at Harvard and foster cross-fertilization among researchers. For more information visit: foodbetter.squarespace.com/research. You can also join the conversation at #HarvardFoodPlus.
Thank you to our steering committee: Aaron Bernstein (HMS), Steven B. Bloomfield (WCFIA), William Clark (HKS) N. Michele (Missy) Holbrook (HKS), Peter Huybers (FAS), Emily Broad Leib (HLS), Jessica Newman (HKS), Robert Paarlberg (HKS), Forest Reinhardt (HBS), Daniel Schrag (FAS), and Walter Willett (HSPH).
Thank you to our sponsors:
• Weatherhead Center for International Affairs
• Harvard University Center for the Environment
• Sustainability Science Program at Harvard Kennedy School
• Harvard Office for Sustainability and the Student Sustainability Grant Program
Thank you to our co-sponsors:
• Business & Environment Initiative, Harvard Business School
• Center for Health and the Global Environment, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
• Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation, Harvard Law School
• Center for Public Leadership, Harvard Kennedy School
• Department of Nutrition, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
• Food Better
• Food Literacy Project, Harvard University Dining Services
• Graduate Association for Food Studies
• Harvard Food Law and Policy Clinic, Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation, Harvard Law School
• Harvard Food Law Society
• Petrie Flom Center, Harvard Law School
• The Initiative for the Science of the Human Past at Harvard