The May 2010 fastBREAK innovation series is an exciting addition to Sydney's event calendar that has sent a buzz through local creative and entrepreneurial communities.
On the 28th of May 2010, five young masterminds answered the question "are you satisfied?"
The Speakers for May were:
1) Joanna Erskine is an emerging playwright and graduate of the NIDA Playwright’s Studio. Her writing career kick-started after winning the 2002 Sydney Theatre Company Young Playwrights Award, where her HSC play Waiting for the 9.07 was performed in Wharf 2 at the Sydney Theatre Company
2) Brian Wu is one half of Sydney-based fashion collective. With a bachelor of business, a masters of commerce and an MBA, Brian worked in IT before embarking with his twin brother, Vincent to Hong Kong, only to discover that there was a gap in the Australian market for designer fashion. Intrigued by their discovery, they decided to open up Incu. Incubating young talents, unique collaborations and projects
3) Priscilla Brice-Weller is a Social Justice Campaigner, a communications consultant, and the managing director of a cultural diversity organisation. She is also Studying Social Impact at UNSW, She also embarks on sustainable living
4) Sukhdeep Bhogal (aka L FRESH) is a young community leader who is taking his bachelor of Arts/Law and also working with The Street University. This is a free space where young people of all backgrounds come together for the growth on community. Programs are wide ranged, but are usually based around Hip Hop Culture
5) David Gravina is a designer programming and producing roles for communications agencies in Sydney and London until he decided to combine his creative skills with his social skills to tackle environmental issues