A visualization of bus traffic through San Francisco. There are a couple of things that were interesting to visually explore:
* Going east/west sucks much more than going north/south, or visa-versa.
* A large volume of early morning commuters leave from the Richmond and Excelsior to arrive at downtown by morning hours.
* Treasure island seems to have a batch of people leave around 8 AM, only to return late at night. However, I’m not sure how trustworthy the route data for Treasure Island is in this dataset.
* We can see the frequency of stops along a route. Bus data suddently appears near Golden Gate bridge that doesn’t seem to stop much through the Precidio. Routes along market appear to stop every block.
* Most traffic flows into downtown and Mission, for better or for worse.
Read more about it here: http://emmettmcquinn.com/blog/visualization/2015/04/16/san-francisco-muni.html