In this fast-moving and varied presentation, Gwyn and Laurie will condense over a year's worth of retrospectives into one hour of shiny new practices that have been stress-tested in small web development teams.
We'll talk about the Wall of Wire, the Sword of Integration, and how to play Speed Poker with commitment and without cards. This is an experience session, so each new tool will be supported by a description of the problem that caused us to develop it, and the results of putting it into practice.
Other areas we'll cover:
* How to use a sword of integration to fix build collisions (unimportant) and weld a group of programmers into a high-performing team (important)
* How to recognise a Stealthholder before they destroy your project
* How to enhance planning poker to get more accurate estimates, faster
* How to use heat-seeking actions to make sure that meetings actually achieve something
* How to survive if you're scrum-mastering several small projects at once
* How to use lego to introduce Agile to customers