"Collections are nurseries, not monuments"
Interview with the general rapporteur of the International Symposium of Public Policies for Digital Collections, João Brant, which happened between 26-29 April in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Working Groups had unequal development and must have propositional character
- necessity of a committee to maintain continuous dialogue on digitization of collections
- symposium is a process, not an event
- collections are nurseries (live, dynamic and requires attention all the time), not static monuments
- three areas to discuss the world of scanning: policy, institutional architecture (who does what?), joint (portal to centralize everything?)
Versão em português: vimeo.com/11905190
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?