Have you been down here before?
An art documentary by Danilo Capasso
Urbanism 2009/Liverpool Biennial
Produced between june and august 2009 in north Liverpool
Screened as a part of Danilo Capasso's Portoallegro installation in Bankhall/Liverpool from 10 to 20 september 2009
Direction and production: Danilo Capasso and Diana Marrone
Camera: Danilo Capasso
video editing: Danilo Capasso
Sound Editing: Danilo Capasso
Interviews direction: Diana Marrone
Featuring (in order of appearance):
- 1891 and 1913 city maps at Liverpool Record Office,
- Mersey train on from Bootle to Bank Hall, on Liverpool Canal
- Libby McKay, Rotunda College coordinator, on Rotunda stairs
- Sandhills Bridge on Liverpool Canal
- Bank Hall Warehouse, dated 1874
- Gerald Flanagan at Barry’s office
- Barry Flanagan inner the warehouse and at his Office
- A barge passing at Bank Hall
- Ann, Youth Volunteer at Rotunda, starring at Canal Locks
- Teresa Jones, Positive Futures Youth Ass., starring at Rotunda Folly
- Comics made by Youth Group from Rotunda College
- Donna Williamson, Rotunda volunteer, starring at Athol Village
- Basil and Rose, speaking of themselves from the past, by their Friendship boat (Ellesmere Maritime Museum)
- Have you been down here before? has been is made possibile thanks to the collaboration with Rotunda College.
- We thanks a unknown boy passing on it, simply asking; “Have you been down here before ? standing on Sandhills Bridge, looking south.
Musics by (in order of appearance):
Ultramarine (Happy Land), U.K.
Alfred Eric Leslie Satie (Le Piccadilly Valse by Piano Dreams), France
more on urbanism 2009 on http://www.danilocapasso.eu