"Not much of a glimmer of hope. No happy ending to follow. The river flows on."
- Vimeo's Best of 2015
- Winner - Reel Health International Short Film
- Official Selection - Nottingham International Microfilm Festival
- Official Selection - SIFFCY 2015
- Official Selection - CMS International Children's Film Festival 2016
- 2nd Place Winner - Human Rights Category - MY HERO International Film Festival
- Screened at Short & Sweet Cape Town, Future Shorts Vietnam & a few others around the globe
- Published on Aeon Magazine & a few others 'round the globe
(Laurels to be updated when I am more laurel-motivated)
12 days after this video was uploaded and shared on Facebook, we have received overwhelmingly warm responses from the public in Vietnam and overseas. As I am writing this, a great many are offering to help the kids. A few friends and myself are developing an action plan, most possibly a mobile school and creativity centre as the most immediate goal, before we launch an official project and start to accept support in kinds or manpower.
There may be a happy ending to follow, after all. We'll see.)
Long Xuyen, 2014. A 4-day trip with my good friend, Ta Nguyen Hiep, to look for The Muse.
My video-editorial debut. The Internet is a wonderful school.
Vietnamese title: "And The River Keeps Flowing On"
Part 2 featuring (adult) people of Long Xuyen: coming in the future.
Hành trình 3 ngày rưỡi đi tìm nàng thơ ở Long Xuyên.
Tác phẩm dựng đầu tay của tôi.
Phần 2 - Người (lớn) Long Xuyên sẽ ra mắt trong nay mai.
Videography: Ta Nguyen Hiep (vimeo.com/user7656226)
To contact me, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the DOP, please write to: email@example.com
To inquire about the social project for the downstream kids, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org