This is a tutorial for how to use vector images for morphometric measurements.
1. Open artwork file in Adobe Illustrator
2. Make sure scale bar line and scale bar text are UNGROUPED
3. Make sure scale bar line is ABOVE scale bar text
4. Make two guides that intersect spiracle
5. Add anchor points where guides intersect body outline
6. Select all anchor points BETWEEN (but not including) the two new anchor points. These will be all the anchor points within the upper right quadrant.
7. Copy selection
8. Paste in back (Control + B)
9. Change color to red (FF0000)
10. Change stroke properties to 'Butt Cap'
11. Create new layer named 'propodeal spine'
12. Move artwork to the new layer
13. Save As in new folder and copy filename in dialog box
14. Go to google drive spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZGELBHM3ecoGd2QMWqGooVuQi653NGqstVvTCOw4X_Q/edit?usp=sharing)
15. Find filename
16. Add scale bar value
17. In AI go to Document Info window and make sure 'object' is selected from menu
18. Select scale bar path and transcribe path length value to google sheet (MAKE SURE LINE AND TEXT ARE NOT GROUPED)
19. Select black body outline and transcribe path length value to 'body path length' google sheet
20. Select red path and transcribe path length value to 'propodeal spine path length' field in google sheet
21. Double check work