This is my public 2010 character TD demo reel. My production work is not shown because that material isn't released yet. So I've filled this reel with other projects I've worked on the past couple of years. Everything on the reel is developed, modeled, animated, textured, rendered by me. Thank you to my colleagues for inspiration and guidance.
1. Skin Sliding Deformer - A deformer written in C++ with the Maya API. It uses a transform handle to slide the vertices along the surface of a mesh.
2. Spherical Radial Basis Function node - A node written in C++ with the Maya API. This node uses SRBF with twist tracking to calculate joint positions in spherical ball joints like shoulders and hips.
3. Quadruped Rig - I modeled, rigged, and animated this guy. Also shown is an application of my SRBF node triggering two shoulder shapes.
4. Dynamic Transform node - A node written in C++ with the Maya API. This node adds a dynamic quality to any attribute. Here it is applied to various joints and ik handles to drive the transform attributes.
5. GPU blendshape node - A deformer written in C++ with the Maya API and the CUBLAS GPU library. It performs anywhere from 20-40 times faster than Maya's blendshape deformer.
6. Jiggle deformer - A deformer written in C++ with the Maya API. The reasons why I created my own jiggle deformer as opposed to using Maya's jiggle deformer is because of speed and ease of use. Mine runs a lot faster and is easier to use.
7. Wrap deformer - A deformer written in C++ with the Maya API. Mine gives a cleaner result compared to Maya's wrap deformer. It also has the ability to rebind vertex associations so if vertices are wrapped to the wrong section of the driving mesh, you can rebind them to be driven by another section of the mesh.
8. Displacement deformer - A deformer written in C++ with the Maya API. It displaces along the normals when the vertices collide with the implicit volumes.
9. 3D Ramp and Shader sampler nodes - Nodes written in C++ with the Maya API. The 3D ramp node outputs a color sample based off of the position in the 3d texture volume. The shader sampler node samples a shading network and outputs array values that can be used to drive deformer weights and maps.
10. Biped human rig that I modeled, rigged, animated, textured, and rendered.
11. My creature rig, Tiny. I modeled, rigged, animated, and textured him. His fur was created with Shave and a Haircut. The muscle system uses joints attached to hair follicles to keep it running fast.
12. Close up facial animation of my creature rig, Tiny.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?