I spend some hours creating a new series of videos on creating a feathery wing using Peregrine Labs Yeti. This video is a slap comp if you will, with cut outs from some of the different videos.
More info on the tutorials here: blaabjergb.com/feather-tutorial/
General Yeti tutorials are as always available here: blaabjergb.com/yeti-tutorials/
Tutorial series on creating a feathery wing with Peregrine Labs Yeti,
The series includes installing Yeti and Solid Angle Arnold as well as tips and tricks on instancing and simulating curves.
The tutorial consist of:
14 videos around 7GB zip, with a resolution of 2048x1280 presented as h.264 quicktimes.
Videos to stream:
01. Preparing the model - 11:20
02. Preparing the rig - 11:43
03. Making feathers part 1 - 18:54
04. Making feathers part 2 - video only 'timelapse' - 6:46
05. Extra Simulating guides using maya hair - 3:55
06. Extra Using maps for placement - 4:37
07. Extra Instancing geometry with fur on it - 3:49
08. Extra Installing Yeti - using OS X Yosemite - 3:39
09. Extra Setup Arnold with Yeti - 1:20
10. Walkthrough of the scripts - 4:06
11. Rendering - note on the shader used for the tutorial - 1:11
12. Aim instances - 3:21
13. FolicleRig part 1 - 9:42
14. FolicleRig part 2 - 4:50
extra_scriptsForFeathers.py - constraint to surface using follicles, draw guide curves based on mesh, create and place joints based on mesh.