In this video we will cover the basics of valve exercising.
Exercising valves is important to:
• Verify that valves can be found and are accurately mapped.
• That valves operate as designed and to extend their life.
• Ensure that valves are in the correct (on/off) position.
• To have reliability that valves will operate in emergencies, such as a water main break. This will reduce water losses, minimize damage, and be the least disruptive to customers.
• Less employee overtime in dealing with emergency repairs and more confidence in your system.
For more information about valve maintenance and other topics, visit our website at rcap.org.
The Rural Community Assistance Partnership is a national network of nonprofit organizations working to ensure that rural and small communities throughout the United States have access to safe drinking water and sanitary wastewater disposal. The six regional RCAPs provide a variety of programs to accomplish this goal, such as direct training and technical assistance. If you need help with your community’s water or wastewater system, contact your regional RCAP office for assistance.