Lets Talk Geek
The metalcore band Demon Hunter has a song titled "Sixteen" on their Storm the Gates of Hell album.
In this show
* Stewart Allen
* Tim Haak
* Barry Reid
* Jeff Hinds
* Cecilia van der Merwe
* Leave us a voice mail on Skype at +27 11 083 7833
* Defcon is this weekend.
* Ptawug 4 year birthday.
* 12-13 August 2010 tech4africa.com/
* 14th August Jawug WugMeet
* 18th September 2010 sfd.org.za/Facebook Software freedom day
* 1-3 October 2010 rageexpo.co.za/
* 9 October 2010 zacon.org.za/
* Starcraft II launch.
* 27 dinner.
* Tiger - Panjo.
* Wikileaks Afghan War Diary over 90 000 douments leaked
* India builds World’s Cheapest Tablet: $35 [Android]
* Vibration packs aim to replace batteries for gadgets
* Rims NASA style
* Mars Crap
* Too Lazy to sharpen your own pencils?
* SKA-Square kilometer array
* Stoat beer
* Pebble bed modular reactor
* SEACOM is back
* WPA2 Vulnerability
* Kraken The open-source kit that could snoop on your mobile calls
* The imperial empire obviously does not pay as well as it used to
Leave us a voice mail on Skype at +27 11 083 7833
Tech/Geeky/ Pet Peeves.
o People who call a philips screwdriver a "star"
o Someone asks "can you just quickly re-install my pc for me".
o People who sit on Twitter/Facebook - but ask dumb questions and never bother to Google. Google search bars are EVERYWHERE... Just type it in and whack the damn key.
o When some one contacts you for an opinion on something they are doing, with the intention pushing their problem over to you.
o Too many too mention!!! spelling, bits vs bytes, cryptic facebook status, people on chat who say "you there?", this whole uncapped accounts / shaping / AUP stuff on the go.
Wave show notes