"Several distinguished speakers including two Nobel Prize winners spoke about their work on light-based technologies in an event held at the National Academy of Sciences on September 12, 2015. Watch the full video here! Featured speakers included:
• Eric Betzig, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 2014 Nobel Prize Winner
• France Córdova, National Science Foundation Director
• Gerald Duffy, GE Lighting Manager
• Michael Liehr, AIM Photonics CEO
• Shuji Nakamura, University of California Santa Barbara, 2014 Nobel Prize Winner
The event was part of the 2015 International Year of Light as proclaimed by the United Nations. It was organized by the National Science Foundation (NSF) in conjunction with the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, the American Institute of Physics, the American Physical Society, the IEEE Photonics Society, the Optical Society, and the International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE).