The preview of Algebra Attack an App for the iPad by LucyAlex
Algebra Attack consists of over 2500 questions. The questions progress in difficulty using a scaffolded learning approach and are suitable for learners in the age range 10 to 16+.
Please be aware that this App is for the later stages of the primary and secondary education curriculum it's NOT aimed at pre-school and elementary levels.
The common core elements covered are as follows:
- An introduction to the basics
- Simplifying expressions
- Evaluating expressions
- Factorizing expressions
- Transforming equations and formula
- Solving Equations
- Solving inequalities
- Products, factors and quadratic equations
- Algebra with roots
- Algebra with fractions
- Word problems
- A preview of our 3000+ Fractions App (recommended by educationalappstore.com)
- A preview of our 1500+ Percentages App
The common core concepts
- Operations and algebraic thinking
- Expressions and equations
- Reasoning with equations and inequalities
- Creating equations
- Linear and quadratic models
The question are presented in batches of five or ten. Whenever you attempt a batch the questions are shuffled. The batches are color coded bronze, silver or gold to suit different levels of learner. Most of the questions provide hints and or links to a similar example.
In addition to the questions each element provides step by step examples and the necessary theory.
The App provides a translucent sketch pad that slides in over the question, allowing you to write directly over it as you solve it.
The App provides a translucent calculator that slides in over the questions
The app records your progress, and it will tell you:
- What percentage of the element you have completed
- How many batches you have completed with no mistakes
What percentage of the element you have completed that day
- How much help was used to answer the question
- Which batches you have attempted and how you did for the last five attempts
- The date and time of when you last attempted the batch
- The time it took you to last complete the batch with no mistakes
- Your best time ever to complete the batch with no mistakes
- And it records whether you used the calculator to answer a batch
The App contains our free Mathematical dictionary of terms and definitions which is standard with all our Apps.
The questions and other material have been designed to cover the requirements of most national curriculums e.g. USA K12 and UK Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and GCSE .
We hope that by working through our questions and completing all elements this will give the learner a rewarding sense of achievement and accomplishment.