Swamp are delivering Youth Circus projects in three different areas, looking at the differences between them and also the impact of a multi-centred approach on learning and delivery.
One of the three areas has had very little youth circus activity and is an interesting comparison with the other two for this reason.
The main aims of the Youth Circus Networks are to:
- establish and sustain a network of linked Youth Circus Groups in York, Rotherham and Nottingham
- provide regular weekly workshops and high quality, accredited training
- deliver related taster sessions and intensive summer schools, to extend reach
- run after school activities for young people with special needs in Rotherham
- develop apprenticeships to engage young adults in the delivering of circus activities to young people in their community