In this webinar for ASERL members, Debra Riley-Huff of the University of Mississippi and David Comeaux of Louisiana State University discuss their use of Drupal as the platform for their libraries’ websites. Some of the topics addressed include:
• Why they chose Drupal – the advantages and disadvantages compared to similar technologies.
• Content Management with Drupal – how Drupal helps with assigning permissions and decentralizing content production while maintaining design consistency.
• Drupal and Accessibility – how using Drupal helps solve both mobile and accessibility challenges
• Site architecture and commonly used modules
• Specific Tools built with Drupal – Debra and Dave discuss how they use Drupal applications to solve problems such as handling reservations and displaying hours, finding aids and e-books.