Rhug is an award winning organic farm producing premium Organic Aberdeen Angus Beef, Organic Welsh Lamb, Organic Salt Marsh Lamb, Organic Chicken, Wild Game and Bison. At Christmas Time we produce Organic Turkeys and Organic Geese. We also supply Organic Pork and Wild Venison and pick wild forage off the estate both inland and coastal.
Rhug is unique because it is one of the few remaining true field-to-plate operations in the country, with stock being bred on the farm, fed on feed grown on the farm and finished on the farm. They are slaughtered at a local abattoir on the edge of the Estate and then returned to our on-site state-of-the-art cutting plant. Meat primal’s are dry aged on the bone (Aberdeen Angus Beef for 28 days as standard and lambs hung for 7 days) and cut to customer requirements by our highly skilled butchers. Our knowledgeable team of butchers and sales staff provide the final step to ensure you have the best possible product delivered direct from the farm.
What makes Rhug Wholesale so unique?
- We are Soil Association approved which is the “Rolls Royce” of all Organic Certifications.
- Security and provenance – all stock are born on the farm, reared on the farm, fed on feed grown on the farm and finished on the farm.
- Quality meat with taste and texture – Under the organic system our animals lead stress-free lives, and benefit from the highest animal welfare standards which results in exceptionally tender meat.
- A well established brand – Rhug is a well-established and well recognised brand built on quality.
- The Rhug brand is featured on many Michelin starred restaurant menus
- Beneficial to the environment – no sprays, no artificial fertilizer are used on the farm and we plant trees and hedgerows regularly.
- No chemicals or antibiotics used – however if used for animal welfare reasons, the withdrawal period is three times as much compared to conventional farms thus ensuring no antibiotics found in the human food chain.
- State of the art maturation plant. We hang our beef for 28 days, lambs for 7 days.
To find out more, please visit: rhug.co.uk