The University of Queensland and Solomon Islands Community Conservation Partnership and their partners conducted a ranger training program for Solomon Islands rangers in the month of October. The course was attended by 41 rangers from across the country. Six key themes presented included;
1. Conservation management of habitats and species,
2. Sustainable development and communities,
3. Protected areas planning and monitoring,
4. Recreation and tourism,
5. Environmental education and communication
6. Financial management and fundraising.
We sincerely thank our partners and presenters who made this course possible.