(cliquer sur CC pour activer les sous titres français)
What if the Internet could dream of itself?
Dans les Limbes (English title: In Limbo, FR, 2015, 85’, dir. by Antoine Viviani) is an inner journey into the Internet, as if there was nothing left but the planetary network, dreaming of itself. It is a philosophical tale narrated by Nancy Huston, who wakes up in the limbo of our global interconnected memory, and meets its strange life, inhabitants, pioneers (Google CEO or Internet founding fathers, like Ray Kurzweil, Gordon Bell, Brewster Kahle, Laurie Frick, George Dyson, etc). While drifting into this giant memory, exploring its dreams and fears, she starts chasing the essence of nostalgia:
What could the limbo of the Internet tell about us? Are we building a new cathedral, for a new civilization, or the biggest cemetery of our time?
- international competition at Copenhagen - CPH:DOX 2015 - world premiere nov. 15
- international competition at Amsterdam - IDFA 2015 - dutch premiere dec. 15
- International competition - E tudo Verdade / It's all true Film Festival Brasil 2016
- International competition - Millenium Docs Against Gravity - Poland 2016
- Harvard - Film Study Center / Sensory Ethnographic Lab - Cambridge 2016 (private screening)
- International competition - Moscow International Film Festival - 2016
- International competition - Millenium Docs Festival - Brussels 2016
- Mapping Film Festival - Geneva 2016 - International selection
- Urban Nomad Film Festival - Taiwan 2016
- Best emergent filmmaker - Open City London Docs Festival - 2016
ALL THE INFO ON WWW.INLIMBOTHEFILM.COM
The feature film In Limbo is the completion of a transmedia project, initiated by an interactive online experience - inlimbo.tv