Note: I had to upload this in 720p because the conversion kept failing at 1080p and I don't understand why since all my recent videos were uploaded in the same format. Does anyone know if Vimeo changed something? Thanks!
We have had a string of days where the mornings have been absolutely calm and beautiful. At the same time I was changing up the plane to try and solve the problem of flipping it and fixing the damage from the flips. I ended up with camera vibration creeping in and thought it was from flip damage. One morning of great flights was ruined because the camera vibration had gotten pretty bad. I finally decided to replace the motors because I thought maybe one of the shafts had gotten bent and when I went to unscrew it I found the screws had become loose despite the use of thread lock. Duh! problem solved, and it was so simple I had overlooked it! I also shimmed the motors to provide some down thrust as I had noticed adding throttle tended to bring the nose up more than it should have.
You will notice on this flight my addition of a "nose" wheel :-) which is my latest attempt to prevent flipping in grass landings. I haven't tried it in grass yet but was glad it was there when I ran into a curb with some speed. It's been a long tough road to get to a video like this with many bumps and bruises along the way. I hope to put together a blooper video to show those bumps as some of them are quite entertaining. There is no software stabilization added to this video yet it is almost helicopter smooth which has always been my goal.