The 5th session of the 6th annual Arctic Futures Symposium was organised by the Nordic Atlantic Cooperation (NORA). The session focused on inadequate broadband infrastructure in the North American Arctic, as well as some unique and innovative new IT-related companies that have been established in the West Nordic Region of the Arctic. The panel discussion was led by Kate Sanderson, Head of the Faroese Mission to the European Union, and included contributions from the following people as well as two mini-documentaries:
- Tara MacLean Sweeney (Arctic Slope Regional Corporation Executive Vice President of External Affairs and Chair of the Arctic Economic Council)
- Mini-documentary about Highsoft
- Søren Halling (Senior Software Architect & Partner at E7)
- Olavur Ellefsen (IT entrepreneur and Founder of Tökni)
- Mini-documentary about Azurafiles
- Oana Spinu (Executive Director of Nunavut Broadband Development Corporation)
The session took place the morning of Wednesday 18 November 2015 at the Residence Palace in Brussels.