ABOUT THIS VIDEO
In 2016, Urban Explorers of Atlanta will be working with the Atlanta Audubon Society on a community service project. Our project objectives are to:
1. Raise awareness about the Atlanta Audubon Society
2. Encourage people to get involved with Atlanta Audubon
3. Educate our members and the general public about the Brown-Headed Nuthatch
4. Encourage people to purchase a nesting box for the Brown-Headed Nuthatch. Great gift idea!
To accomplish these objectives we need your help...
HOW TO SUPPORT:
1. Purchase some membership gift certificates for friends, customers, employees. Proceeds will be used to fund our educational programs including videos like this one
2. Donate to this project using our Donation Form at uxatl.com/Brown-Headed-Nuthatch
3. Order some nest boxes for yourself and friends
4. Share this video on your social media pages and/or via email
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
The Brown-headed Nuthatch is a non-migratory species identified as declining in Georgia by authorities including the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and National Audubon Society. Their preferred habitat of pine woodlands has been disappearing due to urbanization and deforestation. The Audubon Climate Report further adds that the Brown-headed Nuthatch’s current preferred breeding habitat will essentially disappear under current climate trajectories. Georgia will join Audubon North Carolina in bringing the Brown-headed Nuthatch's plight to light and help this common, yet declining, species regain nesting opportunities in its native range.
Filmed at the Blue Heron Nature Preserve in Atlanta, GA
Learn more at uxatl.com/Brown-Headed-Nuthatch