"Stoney Point: Portrait of an American Crag" is a feature length documentary based on the unique history and climbing culture of a small city park on the outskirts of Los Angeles. Though often overlooked, few climbing areas can compare with the rich and storied history of Stoney Point.
For the last 80 years the Point has served as a breeding ground for some of America’s greatest climbers. Royal Robbins, Yvon Chouinard, John Bachar, Michael Reardon and many more were all at one time or another Stoney locals. The marks they left behind are still visible today in the climbs they established and the community they helped develop.
"Stoney Point: Portrait of an American Crag" is a completed film with a planned release in fall 2011. We are currently seeking sponsorship to help promote and distribute this one of a kind documentary.
For more information, please visit
For this video, 90% of the shots were were taken with my trusty Sony HC9, the other 10% with an XLH1 - I'm sure you can tell which ;) I've recently upgraded from my Sony to a T2i but I've got to say that I really love that camera. Though I'm sure it's pretty obvious, I didn't have a tilt shift lens and achieved the effect in Final Cut using a plugin from CrumplePop.
Music by Green Machine
For more info on our documentary please visit: stoneypointdocumentary.com