Lecture 14 (last) from 20.01.2016.
• Primary vs secondary rays
• Vista buffers (theory and demo)
• Multi-pass rendering (demo)
• Shadow maps
- comparison between casting soft shadows 1) the hacky game engine way; 2) the generic ray-tracing way; and 3) with shadow maps
- comparison of different shadow map resolutions (demo)
• Texture baking (theory and demo)
• Adaptive rendering (theory and demo)
• Course conclusion, further reading, web resources and pointers
Farewell my friends! I hope you all enjoyed the FMI 3D Graphics and Raytracing course 2015/2016!