Larry Wessels, Director of Christian Answers of Austin, Texas/ Christian Debater (websites: BIBLEQUERY ORG, HISTORYCART COM, & MUSLIMHOPE COM), sponsors his ministry's radio broadcast, "Christian Answers Live!" hosted by Lee Meckley & Jim Toungate. This particular broadcast features special guest James McCarthy, author of the book, "The Gospel According to Rome." James is the founder of "Good News for Catholics, Inc." & is a former Catholic himself. He has served as a missionary to Ireland, & is best known for directing & producing the popular video "Catholicism: Crisis of Faith."
This radio interview provides insights into the following questions:
* Is Roman Catholicism the faith received from Christ?
* Does the Roman Catholic Church actually extend back to the time of Christ?
* Does the Church have a legitimate claim to be teaching, ruling, & sanctifying authority of Peter & the apostles?
* Are the sacraments of the Church able to make a person holy & acceptable to God?
* Does the Roman Catholic way of salvation lead to heaven?
The Biblical record conflicts with Romanist doctrine:
1. Christ is the head of the apostles (John 13:13) yet Rome says Peter is the head of the apostles.
2. The apostles had no successors, for to succeed them one needed to be a witness of Christ's resurrection (Acts 1:21-22) yet Rome says bishops are successors of the apostles.
3. Peter had no successor yet Rome says the Pope, as the bishop of Rome, is the successor of Peter.
4. Christ, the head of the body, rules the universal church (Colossians 1:18) yet Rome says the bishops, with the Pope as their head, rule the universal church.
5. God has entrusted revelation to the saints (Jude 3) yet Rome says God has entrusted revelation to the Roman Catholic bishops.
6. The Holy Spirit is the authoritative teacher of the church (John 14:26, 16:13, 1 John 2:27) yet Rome says the Magisterium is the authoritative teacher of the Church.
7. Scripture is the only infallible interpreter of Scripture (Acts 17:11) yet Rome says the Magisterium is the infallible interpreter of scripture.
8. God alone is infallible (Numbers 23:19) yet Rome says the Pope is infallible in his authoritative teaching.
9. Scripture is the Word of God (John 10:35; 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21) & tradition is the words of men (Mark 7:1-13) yet Rome says Scripture & Tradition together are the Word of God.
10. And on the list could go ...
Those seeking additional information on this subject or others can go to VIMEO VIDEO, GOOGLE VIDEO, or TUBEWATCHER TV & type LARRY WESSELS in their respective homepage search boxes.