The Kinsmen Club of the Stampede City celebrated and showcased several of the various agencies and not-for-profit groups who assist Calgarians in a variety of ways with a special Community Heroes Gala.
The gala was a massive success held at the Sheraton hotel in Calgary, Alberta on Tuesday February 2, 2016.
This inaugural annual event brought together several agencies who the Kinsmen have funded in the past year for a special evening. A dinner reception followed by formal presentations of the Community Hero Awards along with ceremonial cheques in excess of $800,000 were presented.
The Kinsmen celebrated the following Community Heroes:
• Alberta Children's Hospital
• Alberta Council of Women's Shelters
• Alexandra Community Health Centre - Gear Up
• Altadore School Parents Assoc.
• Association for the Rehabilitation of the Brain Injured (ARBI)
• Brown Bagging for Calgary Kids
• Calgary Health Trust
• Calgary Meals on Wheels
• Catholic Family Services
• Great Strides Walk for CF
• Hearts and Hammers
• Homes By Avi
• Kids Cancer Care Foundation
• Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre
• Stride Management Corp.
• The Boots for Kids Foundation of Alberta
• Universal Rehabilitation Service Agency (URSA)
The Kinsmen would like to thank everyone involved that made this unbelievable evening possible.