This video will help you to learn how to fit your SleepWeaver Soft Cloth CPAP Mask. However, you will first want to make sure you have the correct type and size of SleepWeaver mask. Then, when you are you are ready to put your SleepWeaver mask on the following general tips apply to all SleepWeaver soft cloth CPAP masks.
• As you put the mask on make sure there is no hair between your headgear straps and your skin. Notice that all straps touch directly to your skin and that the back of the headgear touches your neck, below the base of your skull.
• Place your nose all the way into the opening of the mask.
• The lowest straps of the mask should always lie beneath the earlobes – never over them.
• The bottom straps should always be adjusted first.
• Soft cloth masks work best when the straps are snug, but not tight… Check this by placing one finger comfortably between the skin and the straps as shown. If you can’t place a finger comfortably, loosen the mask a bit.
• Now it's time to turn your CPAP Machine on to your prescribed pressure and enjoy a great night's sleep!
• As pressurized air fills the SleepWeaver mask, the soft cloth will act like a balloon to seal the mask comfortably on your face.
• SleepWeaver Masks seal by conforming to face shape- so it is best to be in a lying down position before making final mask adjustments.
• Gently ‘shimmying' the mask back and forth over the face helps to achieve a great fit and seal.
• The high-tech mask material is moisture vapor breathable, allows the skin to breathe naturally, wicks away moisture and leaves no pressure marks that are common with rubber or silicone masks. These attributes may help to improve your comfort and compliance to treatment.
For more important tips relative to your specific type of SleepWeaver mask, view the other videos on our Vimeo channel or visit Circadiance.com/FitTips