This video will provide some tips that can be used to achieve successful placement of the SleepWeaver Advance and Advance Small Nasal CPAP Mask.
• First, note that there are two Advance Mask Sizes- Original Advance is a “One size fits most” mask. Advance Small is 15% smaller and designed to accommodate patients with smaller facial features. Use the universal fitting guide to select the proper size.
• If you are wearing the Advance Small, after turning on your CPAP machine, check to insure that your nose is not touching the end of the plastic nozzle of the mask. If your nose is touching the nozzle, this mask is not large enough and you may require original Advance or the Elan nasal mask.
• Advance has a 3-point headgear, so it is important to center the forehead strap before making final adjustments for fit. The forehead strap should be snug, but not tight, as doing so may cause unwanted irritation under the nose.
• If after turning on the CPAP machine, you experience air coming into the eyes, simply pinch gently up on the black fabric from the inside of your Advance mask as shown, allowing it to rest back on the face to form a barrier to prevent leaks.
• It is normal to see some of the black fabric at the top of the mask after making this adjustment.
For more information on SleepWeaver Advance and Advance Small please visit our website at: Circadiance.com/Advance