It doesn't matter what kind of car you drive. All vehicles are potential targets of theft. Car burglary is one crime you can help us prevent.
With spring and summer approaching, the Sheriff's Department is reminding San Diegans to guard against car break-ins while running errands, going to the park, hiking trails or the beach.
Help stay off the radar of burglars by following these simple tips:
• Lock your doors and windows.
• Never leave your car running and unattended.
• Keep it tidy. Don't leave any bait for thieves. Stow away your electronics, accessories, shopping bags and other belongings out of sight.
• Stash before—not after—you park. Thieves linger in busy parking lots looking for valuables being moved out of sight.
• Park in a busy, well-lit area.
For more safety tips, download our car burglary prevention flyer at the following link: http://goo.gl/UgFzAw.