Huntington Memorial Hospital is a 625-bed not-for-profit hospital that is home to the only level II trauma center in the San Gabriel Valley. Renowned for its programs in neurosciences, cardiovascular services and cancer care, Huntington Hospital is an active teaching hospital with graduate medical education programs in internal medicine and general surgery. Huntington Hospital has been ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report in two specialties, and was named the 8th best hospital in California.
After a flood disrupted operations in their datacenter, it became obvious that the current disaster recovery plan was not adequate. As they are located in an area of high seismic activity, this just increased their urgency.
The environment is highly virtualized. Henry Jenkins, Director of Information Services, knew they needed to look at a single solution to manage the entire disaster recovery strategy – replication of the data and full orchestration and automation for application level recovery. Zerto Virtual Replication was exactly what they needed. The ability to group VMs into consistent protection groups ensures applications can be recovered to ensure no interruption in patient care. Additionally, as HIPAA requires data be recoverable, Zerto more than meets this requirement with fast availability.
• Exceed HIPAA and The Joint Commission requirements with data loss measured in seconds and applications available in minutes
• Protect at the right level, the VM, ensuring granularity
• Minimal interruption in patient care with multi-VM applications recovered consistently with write-order fidelity
• Easily meet compliance requirements with a recovery report detailing each step in the recovery process and showing its success
• Easy to maintain – does not require deep subject matter expertise like other replication solutions.