A five-part experimental documentary (total 23 minutes) accompanying an original suite of poems that I and my co-directors commissioned from Dr. Stephen Caldwell Wright, a published poet, a retired educator, and leader in the African American community of Sanford, FL. The poems explore incidents of racial violence in Central Florida’s history that have been forgotten or hidden beneath Orlando’s gloss of tourism.
Exhibitions, Invited Screenings, and Awards
• Special Recognition Award, (In)justice For All Film Festival. April 2016. National.
• Dallas VideoFest 30. September 2016. National.
• Show Me Justice Film Festival. April 2016. National.
• Jacksonville Documentary Film Festival. April 2016. Regional.
• Flagler Film Festival. January 2016. Regional.
• Flickering Landscapes Conference Screening. November 2016. Regional.
• University Film and Video Association peer-reviewed screening. August 2016.
• Boynton Beach Film Festival. April 2017. Regional.
• Invited screening for the Seminole County League of Women Voters, February 2020.
• Invited screening: “Created Equal,” Sanford, FL supported by an NEH Grant. January 2016. National.
• Invited screening: “Changing America” opening of a Traveling Exhibit supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities and Smithsonian Institution. September 2016. National.
• Invited screening: Florida Historical Association annual meeting. May 2016.