A high speed construction video of a MIDIbox SammichSID synthesizer.
From the MIDIbox website:
sammichSID was designed to be the “no excuses” MIDIbox SID synthesizer kit - i.e. for all those people who want a MIDIbox SID but consider building it with modules too time-consuming, too newbie-unfriendly and/or too hard to design and construct a control surface, and where MB-6582 is too expensive, too daunting and/or too hard to source all the parts.
sammichSID therefore has the following design constraints/features, which support each other:
* DIY newbie friendly
* minimal control surface
* single “walwart”/AC adapter supply, no C64 PSU brick!
* stereo SID, optimized for 8580/6582A, 6581 optionally supported
* “sandwich-style” stacked PCB design, no wires!
* laser-cut 3mm acrylic case by Ponoko, customization possible
* industry standard 2×20 character LCD with low-power LED backlight, customization possible
* common control surface parts used, customization possible
I forgot to add a music credit at the end of the video. The audio track is djynnx. You might know him from NOMMO OGO. If you don't, you probably should. His music is amazing.
For more turbo-charged soldering iron action check out my Gristleizer assembly and test video here: vimeo.com/5498812
Or my MIDI controlled Atari game console here: vimeo.com/4424514
Or a vacuum tube clock here: vimeo.com/9153860
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?