- The future will not be business as usual
- The global economy is likely to experience a financial system crash caused by a revelation of fraud or some kind of financial accident
- The main source of risk, the derivatives market, is so non-transparent that once there is a break in the chain of payments no one knows how it will wind up until after the dust settles
- As finance now dominates the economy, this crash will have serious economic and political consequences
- Political leaders who are expecting it may exploit the resulting turmoil. Unfortunately, the bad guys tend to plan better than the good guys, who tend to react ad hoc
- Russia and China are developing a competing economic and political block which will play a significant role in the future
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?