Last year I had the idea to take a 14 day time lapse of the moon (the moon is 14 days above and below the horizon) and see the changing phase while it is circling the horizon and changing it's position in respect to the sun.
I had several approaches to modify an old tracking mount (the new computerized plastic stuff won't work in the cold and I don't have one here either), just to be sure I ordered a ton of different motors, motor controllers, gears etc. A stepper motor with an Arduino was the final choice. Because of the exposure time, to see the actual phase of the moon, only the time right after sunset (or maybe again before sunrise) will work. The camera and mount had to work continuously for the 14 days at temperatures around -60°C. I couldn't do much testing before, but it worked quite well - not perfect, twice the mount got stuck on the cables I had to rewind every day. Besides heating the camera, this time also the lens had to be heated so no snow would accumulate on the lens. I even put the camera and lens into a vacuum oven for several hours before to get any moisture out so nothing would freeze on the lens or sensor. I ran into that problem in the past when the camera was out for long times.
Also the moon will reach about 18.5° so the focal length i.e. the size of the moon is a compromise, choosing 70mm (about 22.5° horizontally FOV) it should give the full raise, but the exact alignment is very difficult even with a small display on the box which will freeze quite quickly as well, so the highest moon is unfortunately cut off... And of course the weather is a totally other factor and having good weather for 2 weeks straight is very rare down here but I still like the outcome, although there is room for improvement but see for yourself :)