This excerpt from "Introduction to Healing Circles" addresses the topic of Healing Circle agreements.
What agreements protect a Healing Circle?
• We treat each other with kindness and respect.
• We listen with compassion and curiosity.
• We honor each other’s unique ways to healing and don’t presume to advise or fix or try to save each other.
• We hold all stories shared in the Circle confidential.
• We trust each of us has guidance we need within us and we rely on the power of silence to access it.
This was filmed during a presentation by Michael Lerner (President of Commonweal) and Diana & Kelly Lindsay (Directors of Healing Circles Langley) for a volunteer training evening at Healing Circles Langley on Whidbey Island, WA on April 5, 2016.
It is with the deepest affection and appreciation that we acknowledge the great contributions to Circle work by Christina Baldwin and Ann Linnea of PeerSpirit and Parker Palmer and the Center for Courage & Renewal, as well as the invaluable work of the cancer retreat centers in which this work is rooted: the Commonweal Cancer Help Program, The Callanish Society, and Harmony Hill.