• Grand Jury Award, San Diego International Kids Film Festival (California, USA)
• Special Jury Award for Best International Feature, Film Festival Angaelica (California, USA)
• Best Debut Feature, All Lights India International Film Festival (Hyderabad, India)
• Gold Remi Award, Worldfest Houston International Film Festival (Texas, USA)
• Honorable Mention for Best Feature Film, Buffalo Niagara Film Festival (New York, USA)
• Audience Choice Award, Ellensburg Film Festival (Washington, USA)
• Culture Exchange Award, Seoul Guro Kids International Film Festival (Seoul, South Korea)
• Special Jury Award, Lotlot de Leon, All Lights India International Film Festival, (Hyderabad, India)
• Best Supporting Actress, Lotlot de Leon, Worldfest Houston International Film Festival (Texas, USA)
• Award of Recognition in Cinematography, Neil Daza, Cinema WorldFest Awards, (Ottawa, Canada)
• Graded A by the Cinema Evaluation Board (Manila, Philippines)
• Recipient of 3 Indie Bravo Awards by the Philippine Daily Inquirer (Manila, Philippines)
• Recipient of Ani ng Dangal Award by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (Manila, Philippines)
• Recipient of Film Ambassador Award by the Film Development Council of the Philippines (Manila, Philippines)
1st Semester is a Filipino coming-of-age comedy movie about a young boy who is sent to college by his mother with their entire clan but goes home immediately after experiencing separation anxiety.
It explores a boy’s rite of passage to manhood and a mother’s strong will and determination to uphold the best for her family.
Pan Nalin (India, Director of SAMSARA) describes 1st SEM as courageous, honest and emotional while Hassan Nazer (Afghanistan, Director of UTOPIA) commends the movie for its cinematic storytelling.