The cardiac and vascular program assists the medical community in caring for patients with known or suspected coronary diseases. The comprehensive capabilities offered include an invasive lab, cardiac rehabilitation facilities, a stress lab, echocardiology and electrocardiology support.
The Cardiac and Vascular Institute at Good Samaritan
The capabilities in the lab include:
- Right and left heart catheterization, angiography
- Left ventriculogram
- Coronary vasospasm studies
- Temporary/permanent pacemaker insertion
- Cardiac biopsy
- Intra-aortic balloon pump insertion
- Renal artery angiogram/angioplasty/stent
- IVC filter placement
The department promotes optimal health and the nurses and exercise physiologists will help you in your effort to return to an active and healthy lifestyle.
The stress lab serves adult inpatients and outpatients with high-quality services and care. This includes assessment of patient needs and status, patient education, evaluation or patient responses and consultation with physicians. Services offered include:
- Graded exercise stress testing
- Drug induced stress testing
- Stress echo
The department serves adult inpatients and outpatients. Test/procedures available in the department include:
- 2-D echocardiograms
- Transesophogeal echocardiograms
The department serves both inpatients and outpatients. Some of the procedures performed include:
- Twelve lead electrocardiograms
- 24-hour Holter monitoring
To schedule a test in the stress lab, echocardiology, or electrocardiology, call 650-6274.
To schedule a procedure in the cardiac catheterization lab,