Ben Norris provides an overview to the entire report on functional requirements for electricity storage in renewable energy and smart grid applications.
The goals were to:
- Bring together stakeholders in the development of energy storage solutions
- Solicit and incorporate input through focused webinars and work groups
- Develop application requirements for energy storage systems solutions
The key application areas include:
1. Substation/Grid Support
2. Distributed Energy Storage Systems
3. Energy Storage to Integrate Renewables
3a. Wind Smoothing (Ramping)
3b. PV Transient Support
3c. Load Shifting
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?