Secure Computing's Secure Mail email security appliance combines several different but complementary protection technologies for both inbound and outbound emails in one easy-to-setup box. While lots of vendors have anti-spam products, Secure Mail offers a superior way to stay ahead of the constantly changing and increasingly sophistication of spammers, and the company guarantees it can block 99% of unwanted inbound emails. It also has a wide range of outbound protective features that can help corporations be in compliance with various reporting rules such as SoX and PCI.
Product category: Email security appliance
Pricing: Base unit starts at $1,995, plus an additional $13.00 per user/year, lower for multi-year contracts and for more than 500 user networks. There are more powerful and costly appliances for larger networks.
We tested version the S10 appliance, which is the smallest and least expensive unit, running software version 6.7 on a small network in September 2008.
Secure Computing http://www.securecomputing.com 1-800-379-4944
55 Almaden Boulevard, Suite 500, San Jose, CA 95113
• Dashboard shows you status at-a-glance
• Almost all critical features managed by a Web browser
• Combines inbound and outbound email protection with global intelligence features of TrustedSource.org
• Changing startup configuration values once you complete the wizard can be tricky to find the right input screens
• Reports can be difficult to interpret