Docker in development is very different to Docker in production. When running 100s or 1000s of containers you’re faced with different concerns and problems.
Ben will introduce Kubernetes, a Container Cluster Manager originally from Google. Now an established open source project, Kubernetes helps manage your containers running on a cluster.
The talk will cover:
- When to implement Kubernetes
- Launching a cluster
- Managing mutli-host networking
- Managing Secrets and Security
- Running Kubernetes on Bare Metal, AWS, GCE and Azure
- Auto Scaling Containers
- Nomad vs Kubernetes vs Mesos vs Swarm
At the end attendees will understand the foundations of Kubernetes, when they’ll require a cluster manager and the details of running it on bare metal and in the cloud.