The Photography and the Archive Research Centre at London College of Communication and Camberwell College of Art worked together with the London Alternative Photography Collective to create a symposium exploring the use of traditional photography processes by contemporary artists and researchers.
This symposium was part of the Moose on the Loose Biennale of Research in May 2015 and was programmed by Melanie King, Director of the London Alternative Photography Collective.
Melanie King, convener of Shadows, and Director of the London Alternative Photography Collective, is a contemporary visual artist using alternative photography processes. Having identified a need for a forum to discuss alternative photography processes in the UK, she founded the London Alternative Photography Collective in 2013.
- Melanie King (Shadows Symposium Convener, Director of the London Alternative Photography Collective)
- Keynote: Martin Barnes (Senior Curator of Photographs at the Victoria & Albert Museum)
- Keynote: Steve MacLeod (Director of Metro Imaging, Professor of Photography at University Campus Suffolk)
- Key Note: Paul Coldwell (Professor of Fine Art & Printmaking at Chelsea College of Art)
- Martin Newth (Fine Art Programme Director at Chelsea College of Art)
- Chiara Ambrosio (Lecturer in History and The Philosophy of Science at UCL)
- Rob Ball & Karen Shepherdson
- Johanna Love (Course Director of MA Printmaking at Camberwell College of Art)
- Anais Tondeur (Visual Artist, Represented by GV Art Gallery.)
- Tom Hunter (Professor of Photography at London College of Communication)
- Constanza Isaza Martinez (Co-Director of Lux Darkroom)
- Corinne Silva (Research Fellow, Photography and the Archive Research Centre, London College of Communication)
- David Blackmore (Lecturer in Photography, The University of Westminster)
- Almudena Romero (Penumbra Collective, London College of Communication)
- Jon Clair (Wimbledon College of Art)
- Oscar Dunbar. (London College of Communication)
Film by Raymond Hemson.