The fruits of my efforts to make a custom RC toy car with FPV.
The input lag is pretty bad tbh. Otherwise it turned out to be working quite well considering what you can expect from a Lego construction.
Things used and features:
* Micro-controller board "Teensy 3.2 for motor control, steering servo control, sensing.
* Back EMF sensing for motor speed control.
* Olimex ESP 8266 for simple Wifi link (in Version 1)
* Raspberry Pi for video processing and data relay.
* TP-Link TL-WN722N dongle on RX and TX.
* Wifibroadcast, i.e. packets are send without Wifi device association.
* Custom command program based on PyQt. Also utilizing PyQtGraph for graphing and PyGame for input.
Edit: Shortened Video