For a more in-depth discussion of the Mini Panel, see the NCE Yahoo Group discussions at groups.yahoo.com/group/NCE-DCC/ . Note you will need to JOIN that Yahoo group before you can read the messages.
A. ABOUT THIS VIDEO - SUMMARY:
. . This video shows a demo of an NCE (North Coast Engineering) DCC (Digital Command Control) Mini Panel, used for simple automatic control of a simple model railroad display -- consisting of a small loop of N gauge, a small loop of S gauge, a LargeScale train running point to point, plus a stationary HO engine with headlight and flashing rooftop strobe light.
. . Many THANKS to FRED CUPP ( DelawareAndHudson.net ) of Williamsport, Pa, for much time spent installing decoders in many of my engines, and EDUCATING-ME how to use DCC, and how to use the Mini Panel.
Note: If you want to skip the discussion and watch just the actual DEMO part, the demo starts at the 6 minute point and is over at the 13 minute point -- you should be able to "drag" the little round "progress button" to the 6-minute point.
At the 20 minute point until almost the end, I start reviewing the commands used for this demo, by displaying them on the ProCab. You can also see these commands in the PDF file which you can view using the first link given below.
*1 Introduction by Fred Cupp - starts at 20 second point
*2 Demo - starts at 6 minute point
*3 Comments - starts at 13 minute point
*4 Commands Available in Mini Panel - starts at 20 minute point
*4b Commands-N gauge - starts at 24 minute point
*4d Commands-S gauge - starts at 28 minute point
*4c Commands-LargeScale - starts at 35 minute point
*5 More Comments - starts at 41 minute point
The end is at approx. 43 minutes.
* track2.com/info/804 - Links to the PDF file, that lists the commands used in this Mini Panel.
* CH #1A/11, AutoControls.org #1A/5, NCE DCC Mini-Panel Videos Only, Automatic Model Train Controls - The AutoControls "channel" on Vimeo
* NceDcc.com - official NCE website - as of 12/2010, the links to the Mini Panel instructions & tech. ref. manual are right on the home page.
* AutoControls.org - "VIDEO INDEX PAGE" list other automatic controls videos.
* youtube.com/watch?v=h7k8SPWgRmk - This same Mini-Panel video on YouTube.
Note that you can DOWNLOAD the original .m4v format file, which should play in Quicktime Player. Use the "Download this video" link that's about an inch below below the end of this text, on the right side.
This iMovie video was re-uploaded 12/19/2010 by JamesRobertIngram.com -- aka AutoControls.org, aka Track2.com.
(Description modified 1/8/2010.)