AAAC (An Autonomous Agents Choreo, 2016) is an abstract generative animation video created through code and user interaction in which a flock of autonomous agents governed by physical laws of attraction-repulsion is subjected to the will of a geometric choreography. Throughout the audiovisual piece the flock of autonomous agents is distributed against nature into different geometric patterns which vary the general perception of colour, shape, texture and rhythm.
The soundtrack of AAAC (An Autonomous Agents Choreo) is also a generative audio work created through code and user interaction in which the movement and bustle of the flock of autonomous agents generates its own musical score.
The physical features of the agents (velocity, acceleration and position in the space) and the forces generated by the vectorial field which shakes them are some of the parameters used in the audio synthesis. The generative instruments and sinusoidal waves used for the interpretation of the sound space, their frequencies and rhythms change according to the geometrical pattern adopted by the flock of agents.
The code that rules the behaviour of the flock of agents has been developed using Processing as the programming language. The code that rules the behaviour of the flock of agents and the agitator vectorial field sends messages through the OSC (Open Sound Control) protocol to a code developed using Chuck as the programming language for real-time sound synthesis and the music creation of the sound space.
Live Screenings, Selections & Festivals:
* Besides the Screen 19: Graphic Intelligences & Algorithmic Fictions. (9-12th Sept 2019). Vitoria & São Paulo (Brasil). besidesthescreen.com
* Unseen Festival 2019. Counterpath - Denver, Colorado. (20-29th Sept 2019). USA.
* FUNCTION "Innocence" 2019. Festival D'Art Digital i Electrònic de Mallorca. (24-25th, May 2019). Balears. Spain.
* "THE GEOMETRICAL COLLECTION" at Ospizio Giovani Artisti in Rome (Italy) from 6 to 17 December 2018.
* FILE Electronic Language International Festival 2018. FILEOnline VideoArt Program (July 3rd to August 12th, 2018). Sao Paulo, Brazil.
* Art All Night - Trenton: 6th Annual Film Festival. (16th June, 2018). New Jersey. USA.
* OGA VideoArt Exhibitions 2018/2019. Roma. Italy.
* Al-Nahj International Film Festival (April 1st, 2018). Karbala - Visitors Modern City. Iraq.
* CutOut Fest - International Animation & Digital Art Festival (9th - 12th November, 2017). Col. Centro Histórico Querétaro. Mexico.
* 15th Frames Film Festival (January 15th - 17th, 2018). SIES College of Arts, Science & Commerce. Nerul, Mumbai. India.
* GEOFILMFESTIVAL and EXPOCINEMA Festival (November 9th, 2017 - March 3rd, 2018). Cittadella, Padova. Italy.
* "Possible Futures" - SIMULTAN 2017 Festival (October 3rd - 7th, 2017) at Mansarda Bastion Theresia. Timisoara, Rumania.
* TIVAF2017 - Tasmanian International Video Art Festival (September 1st - 23rd, 2017) at Sawtooth ARI Gallery. Tasmania, Australia.
* SICAF2017 - Seoul International Cartoon & Animation Festival (July 26th - 30th 2017). Seoul, Republic of Korea.
* Azores Fringe Festival SHORTS@FRINGE | ANIMAPIX +12 (June 1st - 3rd, 2017). Azores, Portugal.
* Bogotá Experimental Film Festival | CineAutopsia - International Films (May 2nd - 9th, 2017). Colombia.
* Punto y Raya Festival 2016. (October 20th - 23rd, 2016) at ZKM, Karlsruhe. Germany.
* MCCC Project "Sound & Vision". Monthly Creative Coding Collaboration Project. (October 2016).
* INVISART / Interactive and Visual Art.
* Our Picks - ShowMeTheAnimation.
Credits & Thanks:
* Computer scientist Craig Reynolds for all of his work on boids behavior.
* "The Nature of Code" by Daniel Shiffman has been very inspirational.
* Sound on SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/spaghetticoder77/aaac-soundtrack
* Frames on Flickr: flic.kr/s/aHskANJGFe
Tools & Programming Languages:
* Processing: processing.org
* Chuck: chuck.cs.princeton.edu
* OSC: opensoundcontrol.org