The video documents the final stage of a Prototype / Digital Sketch presented at the conclusion of a collective master project at the HfK Bremen in April 2010.
Socio Economic data from |EUROSTAT| is compared with mobility data of the participants of the |ERASMUS| student mobility programme .
- Each country taking part in the Erasmus project is given a unique identification color and is symbolized by a square ( initial view in relation to their real geographic correspondence ) .
- The square (countries) size can be altered from the upper right corners by selecting any 1 of the 3 parameters ( Size / Number of Incoming Students / Number of Outgoing Students ).
- The Vertical location of the countries can be controlled by the 4 parameters selectable from the upper left.
- The Horizontal Axis can denote a variety of socio economic data ( technical Phds, transportation infrastructure , women in research, R & D expenditure, patent applications etc. )
- The top center of the screen has a option to select the year whose sample data can be visualized.
This is an unfinished project and the idea was just to demonstrate a feasible principle which could be scaled onto touch-tables and mobile platforms.
Special thanks also to the technical support of Tobias Hildebrant, Pardis Alizadeh and Carola Lagos from Uni-Bremen for all the incredible data-mining work they did to make this work .
Please feel free to use these ideas and make something better, don't bother with the credits, we were trying to rip off Hans Rosling anyway : - )