Dr. Don G. Pickney begins the third part of this series with some understanding of how Biblical Prophecy works as God uses certain “clues” within a “connective” scripture to keep us moving forward in progressive revelation of His plan and purpose for His sovereign future events.
In this series, as it continues you will learn seven vital keys to following and understanding God's prophetic scriptures. You will learn about “connective” scripture as it relates to interpretation of God’s Word. And you will learn more about the greatest prophecy in the Bible, set to come to pass at the end of this age, and is currently in progress of fulfillment. It is called by Isaiah the prophet, “The Day of Jehovah Tsaba.” By using the principles of Bible interpretation, you will see The Day of Jehovah Tsaba as it surfaces over and over again in scripture to reveal its origin, it purpose, and the details of how it will come to pass. Pastor Don continues the journey of taking us from a special "covenant" cut by God with Abraham, and how it relates to things happening at this very time today, and is currently unfolding right before our eyes.
The Seven Keys to Understanding Biblical Prophecy are as follows (You can scroll down to the icon – Typed Sermons – to click and download the 5 page outline):
1. The Law of Sovereign Authority – Daniel 4:35 – “And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; and He does according to His will in the armies of Heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay His hand, or say unto Him, What doest thou?”
2. The Law of Prophetic Revelation – Deuteronomy 29:29 KJV “The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.”
3. The Law of First Reference – Amos 3:7 KJV Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he reveals his secret unto his servants the prophets. Isaiah 46:9-10 KJV “Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, (10) Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.”
4. The Law of Prophetic Pattern / Scriptural Harmony – Isaiah 48:16-17 GNB "Now come close to me and hear what I say. From the beginning I have spoken openly and have always made my words come true." (Now the Sovereign LORD has given me his power and sent me.) (17) The holy God of Israel, the LORD who saves you, says: "I am the LORD your God, the one who wants to teach you for your own good and direct you in the way you should go.”
5. The Law of Double Reference – Ecclesiastes 1:9 KJV The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done.”
6. The Law of Like-Things (Similitudes) – The scriptural use of oil (anointing); serpents/scorpions (Satan & evil); Leaven (the growth of both good and evil things); trees (and roots of trees); vines, salt, meal, bread, dirt/mire/mud (baseness), Head/horns/crowns, prostitution/whoredom; etc.
7. The Law of Interpretive, Prophetic Distinction – The principle of interpreting scripture strictly from within the bounds of scripture. (Examples of all these principles are given in the download of the outline)
In this third teaching of this series, we show that knowing prophetic promises, without knowing the event in which they are to be fulfilled leads to confusion and a lack of recognition of when it is to take place.