WATCH ON: iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Kinoscope.
* 73. Venice International Film Festival *
- Audience Award for Best Feature Film, 34 Miami International Film Festival
- Prix du Syndicat Français de la Critique de Cinéma, 26 Biarritz Festival of Latin American Cinema
- Best Screenplay, 38 Durban International Film Festival
- Istanbul Biennial, Pera Museum
"Combining sharp social critique with the offbeat poetry of magical realism, La Soledad offers an engaging portrait of the effects of economic catastrophe on individuals’ lives. Director Jorge Thielen Armand’s debut feature, this film sees him return to La Soledad, a house in Venezuela once inhabited by his great-grandparents and now threatened with demolition.
The house is dilapidated—antique portraits hang from crumbling walls and garden weeds force their way through the cracks—yet in the midst of Venezuela’s economic and political crisis it has become a sanctuary for those who live there. La Soledad not only offers a lyrical evocation of a decaying world but also opens up new possibilities for documentary cinema." - Institute of Contemporary Arts, London UK.