Short video showing footage taken today (22 Sep 2008) with the new Nikon D90 in video mode. Some observations:
1. The codec cannot stand up to fine details such as water rippling.
2. There are some aliasing artifacts on diagonals, presumably due to poor scaling algorithm when the image is downsampled from the sensor.
3. Current 24p-only restriction makes this mode unusable in PAL countries wherever there are lights on. The flickering is quite terrible.
4. The autoexposure always overexposes. You need to compensate by 1 or 2 stops (quite easy to do).
5. Pulling focus is tough because the LCD image is not very distinct when shooting outdoors. Would be nice if Nikon could add "press to autofocus" in a firmware update.